Tuesday, August 29, 2006

FYI...How to make it through a rough situation

So today, I was able to compile a list. It probably isn't a list that I wanted to complie, but I did. I compiled a list of what to do when you find out your major is no longer avalible at you college:

1. Stay Calm...hyperventalating and anger won't help anyone.

2. Find a professor who will listen to your problem and want to help (this might take a while, it helps if the professor actually likes you)

3. Sit down with aomeone who knows what they are talking about (this helps you from punching the wall)

4. Remain calm...every thing will turn out in the long run.

5. Go to the dean of your department, explain the situation and have him drop the classes you no longer need and add the ones you now need.

6. Sell back all book from the classes you dropped and buy the ones you need for your new classes (this will save you about $2.20...I'm rich)

7. Vent to your best friend...it really helps.

Needless to say I am no longer a math education major. I am a Math major with a history minor. When I graduate I will go through the MAT program here at UAM (which means after I get through the MAT program I will have a masters)

Now, if you ever find yourself in this situation, you will know how to deal with it. I am glad that I could help you.

No comments: