Tuesday, June 01, 2010

A Return to Blogging

So I feel like I haven't been here in a long time. I have actually missed being in the blog-sphere (even thought I think I started it because it was a fad and it lost its appeal after a while). None the less, I am back even if only for a little while.

The reason for this clandestine return is I am now 16 days away from returning to the Northwest. I got a call in March from Carmen. We talked for a little while and the conversation turned to summer activities. She mentioned that there was kids camp and then World Changers in California. That was when her parents walked in. Mrs. Laurie casually mentioned that they still needed a lifeguard for kids camps and asked if I was interested. I said that I wasn't certified anymore, but that I would look into it. They said that they would help with costs if I would consider it. So I spent a few days considering it.

After asking around town, I found a class and called Carmen back. I told her the cost and that if they could help even a little, I would gladly come back. She said that she would get back to me.

After about a day she called back and said that my flights were covered. That if I got certified, that my flights and a place to stay would be provided for the entire time I was there and even said I could go to WC with them.

So for a little more than three weeks, I am making a wonderful trip to Olympia, WA.

WASHINGTON GET READY, FUN IS ON THE WAY!!!

No comments: