Friday, June 18, 2010

Back in the Northwest

It took four year for McKenzie Rd Baptist Church to wrangle me back to Olympia, WA, but it has finally happened: I am back in the Northwest.

When I arrived on Thursday, memories and an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction came over me. I was back and I was ready to work. First it was off to the church to say hi to Pastor Dan and to sort of catch up and talk about kids camp. Then it was on to the Panter house where I had to wait for the host family I am staying with to return from a doctor's appointment. I didn't mind waiting because it gave me some time to catch up with Alyssa and Mrs. Laurie. Sam even came by for an impromptu gab session. After all this, it was finally time for me to head over to the Moisuk home.

John, Peggy and Rebecca have opened their home to me for the time that I am here. John has worked with the youth in the past and Rebecca is one of the students that was in the childrens ministry my first two summers up here and then was a part of the youth when they came to Florence, AL. She is great. They all are. I am looking forward to get to know Mrs. Peggy a little more as in the past I haven't spent much time with her, but now I have a few weeks

To Do:
youth carwash
Prep for kids camp
youth movie night
kids camp
prep for world changers
world changers

Its a full trip, but it will be great. Can't wait to get started

It feels good to be back.

No comments: