Monday, June 07, 2010

The Fork

I was looking through some old pictures last week and came across this one. This picture was taken in Porto Astro, Greece in 2007 by one of my team members (thanks Jarred). One day while we were there, I was given the task of separating the forks into sets to see which design had the most and so on and so forth. As I was separating them, many of the designs had 100 or 75 or 50. But this one fork had no match. No other fork in the hundreds that we sifted through matched this one. So I declared it my fork and hid it away in my luggage.

I used this fork in an object lesson recently. Like the fork, there is only one me. God made me special with my like, dislikes, hobbies, personality. Even those times when I don't like exactly who I am, the fork helps me remember that God loves who I am and made me the way I am.

I will never give up my fork. It reminds me each and every day that God loves me and there is nothing better than that.

No comments: