Monday, September 29, 2008

Friends Don't Let Friends...

Something has got to change.

Saturday night, after hanging out with some friends playing scategories, I went to sleep at about 1:30 in the morning (Sunday). Then I began to live my worst nightmare.

I got a phone call at about 2:00 in the morning saying that I needed to get to the hospital, that my brother was in a wreck. I jumped up and in a state of confussion, I got in my car and drove the mile from campus to Drew Memorial where I found Adam, one of my brother'e friends, outside the hospital. He told me that Joey had been hit by a drunk driver going way above the speed limit and that he was fine (the greates words I have heard in a while). Joey broke his leg.

What gets me the most upset, it that the guy that was driving the other car had already gotten two DWI's and had his licence revoked. Yet this guy was still driving. Something has got to change in this town, in this nation. We need harsher punishments.

Next time, we might not be this lucky.



This is what Joey's truck looked like after the wreck.

No comments: