Monday, July 11, 2011

A Night Of Greenbeans

Kids' Camp ended a little over a week ago. Usually this is the last time that I get to see all my friends from the Northwest. I say goodbye to all the kids, the counselors, the staff, and usually there are hopes for seeing each other again in a year when we all converge on the Latvian Camp we call home for a week.

Luckily for me, the 'year' came rather quickly. As I was starting on my journey home on July 4 through the air, another journey had already begun by land. Pastor Jamie, Kim, Chelsea, and Phoebe were on vacation. The Greenings were headed to my neck of the woods.

We ate dinner at Two Senoritas in Mt. Pleasant. It was here that I heard first hand of the upcoming Light Bulb Apocalypse. We had a great visit, a lot of laughs. Somehow we decided that we were going to go to a movie. This was great for me, I have a rule that I have to spent more time in a place then the time it takes to drive there and back. On the way to the movie, we had to stop and get coffee for Jamie's mom's house. We stopped at Super 1 (apparently our first mistake) where they didn't have the 'classic roast' so we got Colombian, but we did grab a package of light bulbs (which made our mistake not seem as bad). On the way to the Movie Theater I learned a new meaning for 'Cheese'. Then we watched Car's 2 (which I loved again).

So now it's another year before I get to hang out with the Greenings again. But until then, last night will have to hold me over until then.

No comments: