Saturday, September 09, 2006

This is How I Feel!



They say a picture's worth a thousand words.

What does this one tell you? I know when I see it, all I can think about is how I feel at this moment. Sometimes a good cry makes you feel better. So why are we afraid to show this emotion (and it's not just the guys that are afraid to cry either ladies)?

I have a theory. I think that every person wants to portray a since of strength. Even women want to apear to their male counter parts as srong willed. In our society, crying has become a sign of weakness and to cry would show that you are not that strong person you were thought of to be. Our pride gets the better of us and when we should cry, we hold it in.

I have been a culprit of this. I don't cry when I should. I bottle everything in and keep it to myself. So I vow from here on in, I will not let the act of crying be a sign of weakness but one of strength.

No comments: