Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Day of Questions...And No Answers

My very lazy and non eventful day was interupted by a phone call from my brother, Joseph.

"Hey Joe Joe"

"Hey Amanda. How are you?"

"I'm good, You?"

He said he was fine and that he was getting ready to go to his Homecoming dance with his girlfriend. After some further small talk he asked finally got to the reason he called:

"Can you give mama my phone number and ask her to call me when you talk to her?"

You see our mothers birthday was on Thursday. One by one David, Joey and I tried calling her with the same result, her voice mail. We each left her a unique message and then the hardest task of all, waitng for a reply. One never came. And the three of us, under three different roofs, were all saddened.

It took all I had not to break down on the phone with Joe. I didn't know what to sao to him that could have comforted him. And I guess one reason is because I have the same questions that he has, and have yet found the answers. Deep down, we wonder why. Why did she do it? Why did it have to happen to us? Why?

I spent the rest of today just trying to answer these questions for myself so that I can try to begin to answer them for my brothers. And I don't even know where to begin.

We still have these questions...and no answers.

No comments: