This year was my fifth year to be given the opportunity to serve at OBA Kids Camp. In honor of that, I would like to share with you the top ten things I have learned in my 5 years at Camp Kursa.
10. "Rise and Shine" will never be a good way to be summoned to get out of bed in the mornings.
9. Becoming a belly flop champion does not come without and immense amount of pain.
8. A ladder can always bring out the competitor in grown men. And then cause them to be jealous and take said ladder out of the competition.
7. No matter the outside temperature and humidity, you better not forget to wear your jacket to campfire.
6. Make sure you pack your fiber supplements.
5. Don't call Aubrey Beard sweetheart...she does not like it.
4. No matter how warm the water is, swimming in 60 degree weather is pneumonia waiting to happen.
3. Don't worry about the rules to the Cabin Challenges, because they will be changed halfway through the challenge.
2. The "Throw-up Song" can make any cabin the stars of skit night (especially when accompanied by interpretive dance).
1. Never get on Mike Jarret's bad side, you will pay. (Just ask Pastor Dan, Pastor Mike, and Pastor Jim)